Monday, March 29, 2010

Chemo treatment #10 + Scans

Wow. I have sure fallen behind here. Isaac has been doing so awesomely well lately, that I have had minimal time to myself! I am not complaining one bit, though. It is so great to see him back to his normal little self.

Isaac completed Chemo treatment #10 on Wednesday, March 10th. Protocol was the same - A & V followed by 100ml of fluid over 1 hour.

I am SUPER HAPPY to report that as of this Wednesday, we are 9 weeks away from the END OF CHEMOTHERAPY! There are 9 weeks left, but he only has 3 more infusions. (Since they are spaced 2 weeks apart - I explained this in my last post).

Tomorrow we go in for blood counts (I'm sure they are great!) and then Wednesday he will receive A & V2.

He underwent his mid-treatment scans on Friday, March 26th. An abdominal ultrasound was completed as well as a chest xray to check for any metastasis. My little trooper screamed through both tests. I don't blame him. He has been poked and prodded more that most 100 year olds. I have not received the results of the tests as of yet. I am hoping no news, is good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment