Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Isaac is home

Isaac was discharged yesterday, around noon. All tests came back negative, including his blood culture. They also swabbed his nose to check for a few strains of the flu as well as RSV and those were negative, as well.

We arrived home around 1:15 pm, and by 4:00 pm, the fever had returned. I called the Oncology after hours clinic, and the on-call doctor advised me to take him back the the Emergency Room and have him re-admitted. I felt a little uneasy about taking him back, so I held off. The fever did continue through the night, but tapered off this morning. He is still a little warm, high 99's.

It is extremely frustrating. The fever could be coming from numerous sources. Alexis has been sick with a virus, complete with a fever and cough. It could also be teething... his first front tooth just popped through about a week and a half ago, and the second about to come through, too.

The downside, is that he is not drinking well. He is pushing away all of his bottles. He will take sips through a regular cup, but that is not enough.

I am waiting to see if the fever spikes, and I will call his Oncologist before they leave for the day at 4:00 pm.

Oh, and may I add... that when his line was de-accessed, the needle was bent. Thank you, E.R. nurse.


ER LABS:
Hemoglobin: 11
Platelets: 253

2 comments:

  1. Perez Family is praying for you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say keep your head up!! My son was diagnosed with a stage II Favorable Wilms. He went through 21 weeks of chemo with the Vincristine and Actinomycin-d. I am proud to say he has been cancer free for 5 years this month. I hope that your little one is doing well. Good luck in all that you do. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete